Thursday, September 18, 2014

snap.scrap.share: Thursdays w/ Katie Stories - September 2014

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by today!  Katie and I took a little break from snap.scrap.share last month, but we are back in the swing of things this month and I am so excited to have her back!
Katie Stories

I don't know about you, but I am in a bit of a scrapping rut.  I desperately need to finish a  wedding album that I am working on for a former co-worker, and hopefully Katie's post will help to get me moving in the right direction.

******************************

Hi everyone!

We took a little break from snap.scrap.share last month, but I'm back here at Julie's, and I'm so happy to be here!

I've been working on an engagement scrapbook for a long time, but when I was putting together my chronological "regular" scrapbook albums, I was sad that I didn't have anything engagement related in them. All of those layouts were in my engagement album, and I felt like something major was missing as I flipped through those albums.



So I decided to make new versions of layouts covering the same events to put in those albums.

This was my first layout. I used a divided page protector, and pictures of my rings that I took right after we got them.

For my new layout, I decided to use the same big picture strip of all of the rings that I tried on. This was important for me to use again, because trying on all the rings was a really big part of ring shopping for me.

But I also wanted to add my all time favorite picture of our rings, which I hadn't taken yet when I made this layout! So I was pretty happy to be able to add it into my scrapbook :)


I also borrowed the same journaling that I used in the original layout for my second layout. I was making this new page about 18 months after the fact, and I thought my "old" journaling was better than what I could have written this past June! But I figured it is the same story, I just wanted it in two different places!

It was really fun to re-create this layout. Its not something I usually do, and doing it with my engagement album was the first time I ever re-scrapped something that was already "done".

Have you ever gone back and re-done an event in a new page?


4 comments:

  1. Great layout and post! I'm pretty sure I have gone back and re-done pages. I think this was a great idea in this case and I love both layouts! That's my favorite photo of your rings too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages look great Katie. I love that you took photos of all of the rings you had tried.
    I think I re-document so many things, that may be the reason I feel so behind in my scrapbooking.
    Hope you finished your wedding gift album Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropping by to wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!