Friday, August 22, 2014

Fitness Friday: A Link Up

There has been a jumble of a mess churning in my head lately regarding the future of this blog and what it will look like, but for now I will let you know that one direction I am leaning is towards primarily focusing on my weight loss/fitness journey.  If I am being honest that is what is consuming me these days and so it really seems like the logical choice.  For the few of you that even check in here anymore I hope that possibility won't send you running for the hills, but if that is how things pan out and it is not your cup of tea (or vodka, or vino) there are no hard feelings!

I don't recall ever doing a fitness link up, but the times they are a changin' and there is a first time for everything.  I guess at this point I should confess.....I am a ALG Uninterrupted lurker.  Have been for a few months.  I can't be the only one guilty of this (CRICKETS)....ok, maybe I am.  Anyway, Aubrey Leigh is inspirational!  Her journey is similar to mine....baby steps, some weeks up, some weeks down, some weeks the eating is great, sometimes not so much.  THAT is why I like her blog, her journey is SOOOO relatable...oh yeah, she is also BEAUTIFUL and has a lot on her plate and she is still gettin' it done.  Now, I am fairly certain she thinks I am not only a lurker but a crazy stalker as well.  I hope she knows I am completely harmless...REALLY!!!!
 
ALG Uninterrupted
This time around, I have been at this fitness thing since March.  I jumped in feet first, attending boot camp 3 days a week, gave up soda (Diet Coke was my CRACK) and made a concerted effort to be way more aware and careful of what was going into my piehole.  For a girl that is addicted to food, that is a hard step to take.  I was also doing weight training at the gym once a week as well as cardio.  In may I tackled the 21 Day Fix as well as kept up my boot camp and weight training....I am not going to lie, 21 days with no rest and double workouts is no joke, and it took it's toll on me both mentally and physically.  I believe with my whole heart that the program is awesome, but my next round I think that I will tackle it differently....stay tuned for more on that.


Lately, I have been off the weight training except for what we do at boot camp.  I know that I have to get back to it. So tonight, I am starting a 12 week, 4 x a week strength training program....continuing my boot camp classes and sticking with my 8 mile walk on Sundays.  After I completed the 21 Day Fix, I will admit that I was super burned out.  I have yet to get my workout schedule back to where it was and that along with my food struggles have kept me from really progressing past my 25 lb weight loss so far....give or take a few pounds and I am holding steady.  But with 55 lbs. still to go, I have to kick things back into high gear if I hope to get things moving again.  I am hoping that this time next week, I will be able to link up with a positive (full) work out week as well as excellent food choices.  I think knowing that I am going to be writing it all down and posting it on the blogosphere may be just the boost I need to get my a## back on track....I am all about the accountability!


Thank you so much for stopping by and Aubrey Leigh if you are reading this, please don't be scared....I REALLY AM QUITE A COOL CHICK!!!!!!  Til next time.....

7 comments:

  1. I think what toy ate doing is so awesome and you look amazing!! Keep up the good work girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!!! GReat job and very inspiring Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from the linkup! Great job on the weight loss progress so far! You've totally rocked it. I can imagine how hard the 21 day fix is. I've thought about that before, but I feel like I'm just going to stick with what works for me for now. Good luck with the rest of your journey :)

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules!!! YOU look beautiful! And are amazing :)

    Can't wait to follow along on your journey!

    And p.s. we all have blog identity crises from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you and I can see a big difference when you post on IG and FB. I wished we lived closer. I need someone to light a fire under my big ol butt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I tried to comment a few days ago from my phone and now looking I see it didn't work.
    Oh well, I will comment again. :)
    I think this journey you are on is fabulous and I feel very inspired.
    So keep posting cause I am reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock girl! 25 lbs down is awesome!!!!

    I am definitely all for reading about your weight loss journey - and everything and anything else you want to post about! :) I am so with you that posting about what is on your mind and in your life is always the best. And what ever you share is my cup of tea...or vodka or vino, depending on the time of day (for the record, I'm drinking tea right now!)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!