Thursday, February 21, 2013

Third Thursday Scrapbook Stories: February 2013

It's that time again......Third Thursday Scrapbook Stories with Katie!  Just like someone else I know, Katie is about to be up to her ears in moving boxes.  Whereas I will just be going across town, Katie and her fiance AJ are making a huge move from Chicago to Baton Rouge, LA.  What an adventure!  I am thrilled that she is going to be closer to Texas....still a long drive, but much better.  Katie and I WILL meet eventually...I just know it!  She hasn't had much time to scrap lately, but she did go back through some of her completed albums and shared some of her favorite layouts....how much fun is that!!!!

Photobucket

Hi everyone!

I can't believe that it is already the end of the month! I feel like I say that every month...lately time is just flying by!

Recently, Julie mentioned matting photos in layouts. Which lead to a discussion about how we both used to, but we don't anymore (or at least, not as often!)

And it got me thinking about how my style has changed over the years.

Most of my "old" scrapbooks are still home in New York. But I did have ones from 2008-2012 here in Chicago. Of course, I pulled them all out and went for a little trip down memory lane!

I pulled 4 layouts. One from each of the books I have here in Chicago to share with you guys today!


This layout is from 2008 (when I was still in college...wow!) My family went to visit Acadia National Park in Maine. I was so proud of myself for using the map of the park on the page!


This 2010 layout was actually the first one I ever shared on my blog! I loved the patterned paper and how it looked like a mish mash of other patterned papers. At this point, I was super uncomfortable mixing patterns myself. I usually just used patterned paper as a base, then put my pictures on top.


Ah! More patterned paper. This time, I combined it all myself. This layout is from 2011. I love that I started journaling more.


I know you guys have seen this one already, but it is my favorite 2012 layout. The patterns, the washi tape. All of the photos! I just love it!

After looking at all of these, I realized I love patterned paper and lots of pictures on my layouts. I'm also really glad that I've started journaling more, I wish I had journaled on my old pages more, it would have been fun to read what I may have written!

Do you ever go back through your old layouts? How has your style evolved, and what has stayed the same?

I hope you enjoyed seeing Katie's layouts....I know that I did.  I love how everyone has their own distinct style.  Katie and I's styles are similar in that we don't go overboard on embellishments and we love to use lots of pictures on our pages.  That is probably what drew me to Katie's layouts in the first place.  Great minds DO think alike!  In between packing boxes this weekend, I hope to put the finishing touches on my Chicago scrapbook and possibly get the whole thing posted  next week.  We will see how that goes...I have a few simple embellishments on a couple of pages as well as the cover page and that is it!

11 comments:

  1. How cool that you two will be living closer soon!!
    My scrapping style has definitely changed over the years! I used to use a lot of formulas and pre-done ideas, now I just wing it! I always try to fit as many photos as I can, it's a problem!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use the pre done ideas and formulas too. Now I just do whatever!

      Fitting lots of photos in is very important! Its probably the thing I spent the longest figuring out/doing when scrapping!

      Delete
  2. Love the layouts today, some do look familiar, but love them still the same! I remember when I first realized I could use patterned paper on my layouts, it was like this light bulb went off for me! Haha!

    I love that you and Katie have similar styles and connected that way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! Isn't that patterned paper moment a fun one? I was shocked when I realized. Then I took a class on how to use patterned paper and I was like, ohhhhhhhh duh!

      Delete
  3. very fun layouts katie!! i so love pattern paper too- can't get enough of it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have so much patterned paper now that I can't find solid cardstock when I need it! I don't mind too much though :)

      Delete
  4. Fun to see your older layouts!
    I also think it's fun to see how our style evolves over the years. Even if non scrappers don't notice the trends or product on my pages, I sure do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I really liked seeing how I've changed. Even if non scrappers don't notice, I know I do, and I know you ladies will when I post them!

      Delete
  5. Yes we will meet!!!

    The scrapbook stuff will be the last things packed, because I can't go without scrapping for too long! I'm planning on some hardcore scrapping this weekend, to get ahead before the boxes have to be packed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS. I also love our similar styles! I forgot to say it, then Becky's comment reminded me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every one of your layouts are fabulous .

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!