Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Weekend...Scrapbook Challenge...And A Big Thank You

How can it be almost time to be back at work again?  On Sunday evenings I am always left wondering what in the world happened to the weekend.  At least this weekend, I can say that I was fairly productive.  Laundry is done and put away, grocery shopping is done, went to Zachary's soccer game yesterday and they played AMAZING!!!  I was a proud mama - they won 5~1.  I took a killer nap Saturday - I am sure some of you don't see that as an accomplishment, but more often than not I am running on not enough sleep so in my book it was productive.  And lastly, I did some a fair amount of scrapping.  I have set a deadline for myself of mid June to get this book done, and I think that I am almost half way.  It is a big one and I am 20 pages in.

I hadn't really planned on sharing any more of it until I had it done, but I am going to link up for a challenge with The Odd Show.  They did an 11 hour live show yesterday in honor of National Scrapbook Day.  I watched for a few hours yesterday on and off and let me tell you....they are some seriously creative people.  They use a lot of mediums that I am not familiar with, but it is always fun to see how others express their creativity.  One of the hosts is a lady that I started going to school with back in grade school.  Leslie is super sweet and very talented and if you are interested in seeing some of her work you can find her little piece of the blog world here.  One of the challenges presented yesterday for the NSD Extravaganza was the most layouts.  That is where I am throwing my hat in - I don't believe that the receipient of my latest scrapbook knows about my blog, so here I am throwing caution to the wind.  Here are the four double page layouts that I completed over the weekend:





I am sure that some people will post a gazillion, but speedy pages are not my specialty...slow and steady wins the race with me.  Anyway, it was fun and it gave me a little push to scrap which I needed to do with a deadline looming next month.  Otherwise, I am sure that I would have been curled up thoroughly engrossed by Christian Grey in 50 Shades of Grey.  Hubba, Hubba!!!!!

Before I close I want to express my sincere gratitude to those of you that have left sweet comments and showed great concern for myself, my parents and most of all Haley. If you haven't read my last post, you can find it here. Yesterday was a heartbreaking day for my parents and things are still way to fresh for me to talk about it (or type about her) and not have the tears start to flow. In time, I know it will become easier but Haley will forever hold a special place in our hearts. Special thanks to Becky at Reinventing the Ordinary. Her compassion was above and beyond and even though it was hard, I loved seeing Haley's sweet face on both her blog and FB today. Please keep your fingers crossed that Haley's new forever family is just around the corner. 

Hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT pages Julie. I love how you worked in the colors of the party. I'm sure they will love the book.
    *anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always in awe of scrapbooking! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts! I love scrapbooking too! I really like your designs :)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!