Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award

I got an email yesterday morning letting me know that I had a comment on a blog post.  I love those emails....that is confirmation that somebody out there is actually reading.  Well, imagine my surprise when I read this:

You've been nominted for a Blog Award!  Please check out my latest post. : )

So yes, I am pretty darn excited!  It would have been exciting no matter who it had come from, but it came from another relatively "newbie blogger".  The award


is all about helping helping bloggers (with 200 followers or less) get some new traffic to their blog, and I am all about that!  A huge "THANK YOU" shout out to L.C over at The Brunette Bride for the nomination!

In order to keep the award rolling, here are my five nominations:

1. Rachel

2. Becky

3. Ashley

4. Danielle

5. Anna

5 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:

1. I am vegetarian, but you will occasionally find me eating shrimp - if I could conquer my cheese addiction I could probably go vegan without much difficulty (does anyone know if there is a twelve step program for cheese addiction????)

2. I make every effort to buy my makeup, cleaning supplies and candles vegan/cruelty free and eco friendly.  There is still stuff that I am using that isn't, but I can't bring myself to just throw stuff out - I will just make better choices when I replenish.

3.  I think that I was more excited about the Hunger Games opening than my 11 year old son.  There is something seriously wrong with that isn't there???

4.  I am an only child and after 40-something years I am still not very happy about it.

5.  I would love to live near the beach....there is just something about the beach and the ocean that puts me at peace.  Ocean vacations seem to be the ones where I am never ready to come home...Sanibel Island anyone?
***********************************************************************************

If you have been nominated, here is what you do to keep it rolling:

Each Nominee Should:

  1. Choose five, up and coming blogs to give the Liebster award to.  Blogs must have less than 200 followers.
  2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  3. Post the award on your blog.
  4. List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites.  Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve received the award.
  5. Share five random facts about yourself!

Huge hugs going out to L.C. - thank you again for giving my little blog a boost!

Night Blog Peeps!

10 comments:

  1. a very WELL deserved award!!!

    i so need to get hot & finish reading the hunger games -- i read three chapters one night & haven't made the time to pick it up since!
    tsk tsk!

    sorry i haven't been commenting -- i always read -- just so wrapped up in my own chaos lately! but i want you to know how much your understanding, kind words & positive vibe have meant to me.
    you are a rock star & i adore ya!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet lady you have enough on your plate without worrying about commemting in a timely manner or at all. Love hearing from you, but your top priority needs to be taking care of you! Have a great weekend!

      xoxo...mwaaah!

      Delete
  2. YAY! I'm so glad you posted! And, as a sidenote, I'm an only child too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a sweetheart...thank again for the nomination! Us only kids have to stick together!

      Delete
  3. I'm a new follower but wanted to say congrats on your blog award! I absolutely love the color of your blog by the way ;-)

    Kelly @ Today Was A Fairytale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Yay Julie on your award! A very deserving blog indeed. Keep up the beautiful and heartwarming work here at Beautiful Day :)
    *anna
    oceannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Anna! And congratulations right back at ya! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie, I've not forgotten, just kind of backlogged. I have two other awards that I'm still working the details out on PLUS planting and working the land... oh, yeah, and I'm a mama to my girl, sleep, wayyyy over-rated :)
    *anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi.. This is such a nice blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!