Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Challenge and Exercise Updates

Just dropping in for some updates.  Tomorrow is the end of my Advocare 24-Day Challenge.  I started out really slow.  During the 10-day cleanse phase, I only lost 3 pounds and 4 inches.  As of this past Sunday I had lost 7 pounds and not sure about the inches, but people, I can FEEL it!!!!!   I have a lot more energy and I am comfortably in a smaller size jeans.  I can also tell in the dreaded place that ladies don't like to talk about, but always seems to be the first place the weight comes off!  You may act like you have no idea what I am talking about, but if you have ever lost anything more than a couple of pounds YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.    The supplements that I have been taking during the Burn phase are making a huge impact on hunger control, which has made it much easier to stick with portion control and avoid unnecessary snacking.  Considering I didn't really start exercising until last week, I am going to call my first challenge a success and bask in the glory of 7 less pounds!  If you are interested in learning more about Advocare products, includng the 24 Day Challenge, please feel free to contact me here.   

The Couch Potato to 5K training program is going really well....actually much better than I had thought.  I completed the third workout this morning and am now ready to move on to the next stage.  I still have a long way to go, but I am feeling really great and very optimistic.  I may have two additional friends on board for my first 5K, which will hopefully take place sometime in late Spring.  I am very excited for the race, but even more so for the support of my friends......I am so very fortunate!

Here is a pic (sorry, pic quality is atrocious) after first Couch Potato workout.  Not to mention my face is blotchy and my hair is drenched!  Just keepin' it real!  Notice......I am rockin' my Advocare gear!
The weekend flew by.....exercising, soccer, church, socializing and a little project.  As I mentioned in this post, I am participating in my first ever blog swap.  I had so much fun getting the gift together and I would LOVE to share it, but that would spoil the surprise since Ashley hasn't received it yet.  Not to mention, we are not supposed to reveal our gifts until February 13th....oh, the anticipation!

Have a wonderful evening and a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Good job...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROCK STAR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your support! It is awesome to know that people are out there rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, you are doing a wonderful job and I have no doubt you will shine and continue to achieve your goals. Keep up the good work, you can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep at it. The key will be to continue with the exercise, lots of people stop exercising when the weight comes off. I know you will achieve your goal.
    -Your Y! Messenger friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!