Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

It was a good weekend.  Nothing really exciting happened and no big plans, but none the less it was good.  Zachary and I creeped ever closer to getting Christmas shopping done.  He did a lot of reading for school and this evening he and I plunged into "The Hunger Games" together.  Me for the second time, he for the first.


The Hunger Games (Unabridged) (Unabridged  Fiction)

I am so excited that he has finally gotten interested in them.  I have already read all three books in the series and cannot wait for the first movie to come out in March.  I have not looked forward to a movie opening like this in I don't know how long.  I see a midnight showing in our future!  Even if you don't have kids, I highly recommend these books....great read and they definitely keep you engaged. 

I am making good on my promise to fancy up my Christmas packages this year and really wanted to post a couple of pictures, but I don't want to spoil any surprises so I will keep it under wraps until the gifts have been received.  I am striving to have pretty much everything wrapped and ready by this time next week.  For me that is a tall order.  If you know anything about me, you know that I am a bit of a procrastinator, so if I can make that happen it will be quite the fete!  Stay tuned for updates!

Zachary was horsing around this evening with my readers - yes, my eyes are that old and they are pretty much mandatory these days! I can't resist sharing these fun pictures even though Z said "Mom, they better not show up on the world wide web".  I just can't help myself....

He is too funny

Just love this one!!!!

Night!  Hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The new blog looks great and I love all the pictures! Your "photographers that rock" truly captured some great images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rachel! I am very happy with how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!