Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

It was a pretty low key weekend.  Saturday morning started out with a soccer game - another tough loss.  The Patriots are really struggling this season.  There are quite a few new kids and it just seems like they are not used to working together yet, but I have not given up hope.  Although I had every intention of going home and being productive the rest of the day, that side of my brain that was screaming "take advantage of the quiet time and relax" won out.  I had a lazy afternoon including a fabulous nap - PRICELESS!  The whole day was not a wash though.  I finally finished THE  scrapbook that I have been plugging away on, literally for months.  It is such a weight off of my shoulders and I cannot wait to share it, not to mention present it to the recipient.  I am going to try to get the pictures taken tonight and will try to share it  on the blog soon. After I finished my last huge book, I was soooo ready for a break but this time I am ready to jump into the next one already.  I am going to try to get Halloween stuff done this weekend and then get going on the next project.  Maybe, I am eager because I am finally going to keep one for myself!

Sunday I went to the show with my friend from work and saw "Moneyball".  I am not a huge baseball fan but seem to be drawn to baseball movies....For Love of the Game, Field of Dreams, Bull Durham etc.  It was really good and definitely worth the $7.50.


We followed with lunch.  Her husband met us and as always we had a great time.  Jan was in the market for a new comforter.  She asked her husband, JR, if he would go over to Macy's and check out the sale with her.  He replied with an emphatic "no, but take Jules with you".  I rarely turn down shopping so we headed over.  Jan had a budget in mind - we doubled it and a little more...OOPS!  I am thinking that JR will never send me out shopping with his wife again.  They ended up with the gorgeous Lauren Home bed ensemble below:


 That was the short....ok maybe semi long version of my weekend.  A little laziness mixed with some accomplishment.  Oh, I forgot to mention that I tackled 6 loads of laundry and cleaned the apartment including dusting and bathrooms.  That had to have more than made up for the mega nap on Saturday!

Finally, another addition to my TINTKRM:

I might just paint this on my scale.

Hope you are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!