Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Getting Back on Track and Hard Decisions

I am back and vowing to do better.  Life and work have been getting the better of me, and I am trying to reel everything in and get back to some semblance of normalcy.  It seems like months since there was any calm or relaxation to the weekends and I think I just need to sit down, take a deep breath and regroup.  I started last night by cleaning off the craft table A.K.A. the dining room table.  I am kicking myself right now for not taking a "before" picture, so that you can also revel in the accomplishment with me.  I have a couple of projects going right now and I was stumped as to why I wasn't able to get focused and make some serious progress.  Last night the light bulb went off - no one in their right mind could possibly "get focused" working in the clutter that I  had created for myself.....and off to work I went.

Yes, people....THAT is clean - if you only could have seen the before.
Anyway, after making great strides  last night on the table, I cut all the pages out for my mom's  mini book tonight and managed to clean up after myself.  Leaving the table pretty much how I found it when I came home this evening.  Baby steps people - BABY STEPS!!!

The mini book....8.5 x 8.5
This next papragraph I grabbed from a Facebook friend and reposted it on my wall yesterday and I thought I would leave it at that, but honestly it has been on my mind since I read it then and I can't really seem to shake it. 

There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.

I had to do this not just once, but twice in my life and they were within about two months of each other.  It seems like something you should be able to do and move on and not think too much about it.  But to be honest....it was an extremely difficult thing for me to just give up and walk away. It is generally not in my nature.  Both of the people that I had to finally break away from were dear treasured friends at one time, and one of them since grade school.  It took a lot to get me to the point that enough was enough and there was a period where I beat myself up over doing it at all....continually questioning whether I had done the right thing.  Had I taken every opportunity to work the situations out?  I finally came to the conclusion that hell yes I had!  People in my life that I had once held incredibly close and I loved with all of my heart had been sucking the life out of me and draining me emotionally.  When I made that admission to myself the decisions were already made...I knew what I had to do.  I am still sad that I had to make those decisions and I sometimes mourn the relationships that have been lost, but in the end I know that the right choices were made for me, and I can live with that!

I feel very blessed these days to have wonderful, loving, treasured friends in my life.  We are there for each other and laugh and sometimes cry together.....sharing the good times as well as the rough patches.  And luckily for us all, there is not a life sucker among us.  Life is truly GOOD!

4 comments:

  1. So proud of you cleaning off that table....I am 7 months behind on my personal projects that now it seems hopeless. :( Your right, taking a moment to sit back and relax is tricky to do.

    Love the paragraph from your friend! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,

    That was a beautiful post. There was a time in my life where I had to let my entire life, friends and family go! It was very hard and I wondered the same thing. Had I done the right thing? Looking back now, 15 years later, I can tell you that I did.

    I can also tell you without hesitation that I don't think I would be alive today had I not made the decision to leave everything I knew. Seriously. But in return, I got this new family and a blessed life. For me, God was faithful when I obeyed Him.

    You seem to be at a vulnerable place which is precious in the eyes of God. He wants us that way actually. It is in moments like these that he can do His greatest work and fill voids that we may not even know exist. It is amazing. Not that you need or want my approval but Julie, I am so proud of you. I really hope we can get to know each other better in this new stage of our lives. You really are a beautiful person.

    Later Gator!
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Julie :-) I'm looking for my light bulb to go off just any time now! LOL So many great ideas floating around, then after 12 hour days I get home, and not even a flicker. Its amazing what a little organization can do, huh? Good for you for getting your table done,,send me a few of your good organizational vibes would ya? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!